California Department Of Water Resources - State of California - Fails to Pay for SaveOurWater Rebate Program
I strongly feel the Save Our Water Turf Rebate Program is unreasonable and unrealistic. It only allows for a max coverage of 25% of only 4 approved ground covers of which we only preferred one of the options. We also prefer over 40% of our small front yard to be synthetic turf. It’s a beautiful, no-water alternative that lasts 10 years. If our yard was larger, we would have had more design options...but we chose the most appealing water-saving option to match our property.
As much as we wanted to take advantage of the SaveOurWater Turf Rebate Program to install a drought-tolerant yard, we owuld have been forced to use only 25% of our preferred, highly permeable, drought tolerant material. So, we succeed at saving water while California keeps the $558 we could have been rewarded with if we would have settled for the limited materials they chose for us. Interestingly enough, our application was pre-approved even with all details of our design provided, only to be disapproved when we asked for the rebate.
Additionally, we replaced 3 old toilets in our new home, opting for water-saving models offered by Koehler that came with a rebate "up to" $100 per toilet. They cost more, but the water saving was worth it – and the rebate was a great incentive. Toilets were installed last week and my husband began the rebate application this morning; however, he was immediately shot down when the SaveOurWater High Efficiency Toilet Program announced that rebate requests were too overwhelming and they aren’t honoring the rebates any longer. False advertising.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Excellent email response system
What I disliked
- Emailing with the program trying to answer a confusing question
You May Also Like
- "THE PIITSBURGH POLICE ARE VERY AGGRESIVE I MEAN REALLY THEY SHOULD GO TO STUDY BEFORE DOING THE JOB BECAUSE MY BUDDY GET BEAT FOR NO REASON I WILL NOT INSULT..."
- "Hello. My name is Paul. I am 58 and I served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the '70's. In 1977, while on active duty, I was injured and broke..."
- "Theï»¿ Moroccan boxer called Badr Hari has played boxing & had aï»¿ sexual relationship with the wife of a Dutch football player to go on Dutch television.ï»¿ According to..."
- "You talk all the time about how good it is to watch movies. Now see the video on what I see as far as movies goes. What do I have..."
- "Hi my user name on mingle2 is mmontoya112 my account has been locked down I don't understand why I'm just a single parent trying to find a..."
- "You router and address that are on I found that since I change password that I get more and more direct tv!! I did take pictures of this to show..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."