Santa Maria, California
100% full Not resolved
3.0

I strongly feel the Save Our Water Turf Rebate Program is unreasonable and unrealistic. It only allows for a max coverage of 25% of only 4 approved ground covers of which we only preferred one of the options. We also prefer over 40% of our small front yard to be synthetic turf. It’s a beautiful, no-water alternative that lasts 10 years. If our yard was larger, we would have had more design options...but we chose the most appealing water-saving option to match our property.

As much as we wanted to take advantage of the SaveOurWater Turf Rebate Program to install a drought-tolerant yard, we owuld have been forced to use only 25% of our preferred, highly permeable, drought tolerant material. So, we succeed at saving water while California keeps the $558 we could have been rewarded with if we would have settled for the limited materials they chose for us. Interestingly enough, our application was pre-approved even with all details of our design provided, only to be disapproved when we asked for the rebate.

Additionally, we replaced 3 old toilets in our new home, opting for water-saving models offered by Koehler that came with a rebate "up to" $100 per toilet. They cost more, but the water saving was worth it – and the rebate was a great incentive. Toilets were installed last week and my husband began the rebate application this morning; however, he was immediately shot down when the SaveOurWater High Efficiency Toilet Program announced that rebate requests were too overwhelming and they aren’t honoring the rebates any longer. False advertising.

Review about: California Department Of Water Resources Rebate.

Reason of review: False Advertising / Unreasonable Requirements.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Excellent email response system.

I didn't like: Emailing with the program trying to answer a confusing question.

Had an Experience with California Department Of Water Resources?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion